We’re proud to announce that we’ve signed the Ellen Macarthur Foundation Direction of Travel statement for London’s higher education institutions.
The EMF Direction of Travel aims to unite London’s higher education institutions and sets out circular economy targets for the next five years. This is an important step towards London’s zero-carbon by 2050 goals.
This statement sets out an exciting vision, whereby:
– Every student engages with the circular economy when they choose to study at an institution in London
– Applied research at London universities supports London businesses’ circular ambitions
– All London’s higher education institutions are circular in their operations
– Students are empowered to drive forward circular economy activities both on and off campus within the city
– London’s higher education institutions work closely with local and regional governments in a variety of ways to support the city’s circular economy ambitions.
We look forward to working with the Ellen Macarthur Foundation to shape the future of London!
Read the full report to learn more about our commitment to a circular economy.